The Why? + Is God really a destiny changer?


So on yesterday's post I said the biggest roadblocks for me were not having enough time and complacency and to be honest I wasn't going to continue this challenge today. After reading the email I was like nah, that's it, am not doing it. Yet here I am again and am sure glad to be writing this, because that's what a challenge is all about, something that pushes you, stretching yourself, going beyond the normal.

I realized in my 4th year of medical school that there was more to life than just my classes, my books, my school, there was more to life than medical school. I am privileged to have  met and interacted with so many others who opened my eyes to see just what I was missing. That challenged me to want to know more, to get out my cocoon and learn more about stuff that weren't medically related.

Why?

Travelling, blogging, writing are the few things I've found that I am really passionate about. I can't say I have the talent, even if I did, talent needs to be developed. Have you heard about the 10000 hour rule? Malcolm Gladwell explains in his book the Outliers (good read) that this is the key to success in any field. In order to excel and become a master at something, we need to have worked hard at it for 10000 hours. That's a lot of time and years if you ask me. And that's it for me folks, my answer to the why? I want to become better at blogging and writing and the best way to do that, is to be consistent and steady. This is why I made up mind and wrote this post today and this is why I will need to keep blogging. What is freedom after all, doing what you really want to do. Sometimes the biggest enemy of our progress isn't others but ourselves personally, which leads me to the next Subheading.

Is God really a destiny changer?

Today is sunday, I went to church. A line in one of the songs we sang referred to God as a destiny changer. I really beg to differ. Read Psalm 139:16, Jeremiah 1:5. Its not after we are born that we tell God to change our destinies. God does have a perfect plan for us and that was established even before the foundations of the earth were laid. We change our destinies when we take things into our own hands. I believe that once we come into God, once we become born again, it is settled. Once you acknowledge Jesus as Lord and Savior, it is really settled. Destiny means our inevitable or necessary fate, a predetermined course of events. Once you are a christian really, all you need to do is maintain a life of constant surrender to the King. "In your book were all written the days that were ordained for me"  so the Psalmist writes. So, please why are we still telling God to change our destiny?

One scenario comes to mind that may support this song though or not,  King Hezekiah when he was told that he would die, then he prayed and God changed His mind regarding his time of death. Regardless that was just one event, destiny sums up a lot, so to just generally say God come and change my destiny is still somehow for me.. haa (I didn't sing it oh)

"You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free" Perhaps am missing something here and you know what it is, do enlighten me please.

And that's it for today folks. Here's to consistency and steadiness. Fighting!!!!! and Many cheers!!!!!

This blog post is in response to Natalie's 10 Freedom Plan Blog challenge 2

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On Time, Complacency and Blogging

How To Accord Respect: The First Key to Being Respected or Honored

War Against Stupidity//Say No to Stupidity