On Superpowers/Superheroes and Selfishness


This blog post is in response to Natalie's 10 Day Freedom Plan Blog Challenge Day 4
I began this challenge 4 days ago, and woohooo!!! its day 4 and I haven't given up. Today's challenge is on unlocking your superpowers. I got the email a few hours back and I began to think what my superpowers were. What are your superpowers?

I couldn't think of any and then I began to think ah, what sort of superpowers would I like to have? If wishes were indeed horses, what superhero would I like to become? When you think of superpowers you think of superheroes, you know the Power rangers, Powerpuff girls, Superman, Catwoman, Spiderman, Green lantern, Batman, The Flash, Wonderwoman, E.X.O aka Wale Williams, Po the Panda (he is my superhero) ugh, the list goes on.

There is one, I wish I could be, the Flash. I wish I had superspeed powers and for very silly reasons. I am the kind of person who tries to catch the bus once I see it, even though the next one would come in 5 minutes. I'd rather run to cross the road, when the traffic light shows green, than to wait for it to turn red then green again. If I had superspeed I wont have to wait for anything.  Can you believe it? what an ingenious reason for wishing to be like Flash. Harry Potter's teleporting skills could come in handy too.

After feeling smart and smug with myself, it then struck me me just how selfish my reasoning was. Really Nguper?  What makes these characters superheroes aren't the powers they had, its how they used those powers for the people.

Selfishness is terrible! Yes you should love yourself, care for yourself, think about your self, all those are commendable things. But, if that is all you ever do, then you need to get over yourself. What makes selfishness a terrible thing is because you belittle yourself. If all you think is all about you, then you really think too small. Get over yourself Nguper and to you reading this also, its time to get out of your own little world and actually matter to someone else.

If you want to check your selfishness, the place to start is your thoughts, question your motives, your intents. Why am I writing this blog post? why you share what you share on social media? why you are friends with that person? Do you actually care for others? Are you actually interested in their well-being? or is it all about you?

May we all have the humility to see ourselves as we are and to see and accept where we have made it all about us. May we all have the courage and boldness to sincerely take an interest in the well-being of others.

Comment below what type of superpowers you wish you'd have, or which superhero you wish you could be. You can share this in your community and start a conversation too. What type of super hero, do you wish you'd be and for what reason?

Many cheers to you, don't forget to share and subscribe!! Aja aja, fighting!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

War Against Stupidity//Say No to Stupidity

No! Not Again.

Movie Time: Finally Watched War Room And This Is What I Have to Say